Chichester: 8-9 May 2020 -Under 7 to Under 15 Age Groups
Owing to the change of the first May Bank Holiday dates to Friday 8th May and the Mini / Youth Rugby season now ending on Sunday 10 May 2020, the Chichester Festival will now take place on FRIDAY 8th May and SATURDAY 9th May 2020, bearing in mind that players and parents will be returning to School / Work on Monday 11 May 2020.
This enables all those on tour to start playing rugby at a sensible time on Friday 8th May, check into accommodation as normal on Friday afternoon (if in caravans), enjoy the Saturday evening BBQ / Judge’s Evening and then enjoy a leisurely departure from your accommodation to travel home on Sunday 10 May 2020. #chilled
The accommodation listed is a sample of the type that may be used, but your actual accommodation will be confirmed only when your registration is received with your deposit.
The accommodation will be, wherever possible, arranged with quality independent venues.
We will gather approximate numbers attending from each club, together with the type of accommodation required. We will then finalise accommodation details with the venues and publish this information on the website so that clubs and parents can view details of the reserved accommodation prior to making final payments.
There is a choice of accommodation available. The cost per attendee-player / coach / parent / non playing relative / supporter which covers accommodation for two or three nights, as stated, team entry and entry to the Festival on both days, is as follows:-
- £85 per person in your own tent pitched at THE PLAYING VENUE camp site based on a minimum of 2 persons per tent and a standard sized 4 person tent. Oversized tents will be charged an additional £20 per tent.This is for 2 nights accommodation
- £126 per person in a Premier Inn type hotel (based on 4 per room -maximum of 2 adults) for two nights accommodation, or £127 per person for 3 nights accommodation (absed on 4 per room,maximum of 2 adults).
- £125 per person Bed & Breakfast basis in already erected Bell Tents-two nights
- £150 per person for two nights on Bed& Breakfast basis in Bunkhouse / Activity Centre accommodation.
- £168 per person for accommodation in a Standard / Superior / Deluxe Static caravan (minimum of 4 per caravan) for three nights accommodation
All accommodation prices listed above include entry to the festival on both days.
Most accommodation will be within 6 miles of the Festival venue.
Depending on the choice of accommodation selected by teams we do not intend to place all the clubs in the same location; all age groups from the same club will, wherever possible, be kept together unless you request otherwise. All teams from the same age group and same club will be as required be located in the same accommodation venue.
Here are some links to view the kind of accommodation likely to be used during the Festival in Chichester
Chichester Food & Drink
A number of food and drink trade stands will be providing a range of very competitively priced food and drink options. There will be a bar housed in the Pavilion at Chichester.
There are also outside taps for drinking water to refill all water bottles.
There will be a wide selection of hot meals available throughout the weekend including early morning bacon butties and teas and coffees for the campers. Cakes, sweets, chocolate and other snacks will be available all day.For lunch there will be salads, sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, chips, crepes, jacket potatoes, vegetarian dishes and many other options.
Chichester Accommodation Facilities
Depending on the type of accommodation selected many of the following facilities will be available:-
- Most accommodation is within 1 mile to 6 miles of the venue.
- Accommodation beyond 6 miles from the venue is accessible via a dual carriageway / motorway.
- All caravan parks have a clubhouse with bar facilities,entertainment programme and swimming pool
- All campsites have a cafe, toilets and shower facilities.
- Premier Inns have bar and restuarant facilities and our package options provide entry with bed only, or with bed and breakfast or a bed,breakfast and dinner option for 2 or 3 nights.
- The venue campsite is a 5 minute walk from Chichester Town Centre with all its restaurants and shops. It is also a 5 minute walk in the opposite direction to Chichester Leisure Gate with its Cinema, Bowling Alley, McD’s, KFC,massive Chinese restuarant and Amercian Diner.
- The venue campsite has toilets, showers but no electrical hook up,which could be arranged at an additional cost for a defined number of ftent pitches.
- All accommodations are a short drive to the beaches of the South Coast at Wittering and Hayling Island as well as being close to Portsmouth and all it has to offer including the historic Portsmouth Dockyard.
Payments are to be made as follows:-
- £400* non refundable deposit with each booking per team per age group per club to be made at time of booking..
- A further 20% of the total accommodation and entry fees are due on booking
- All final payments due by Monday 3 February 2020
The sooner payments are made the better the choice and range of accommodation remaining.
Guarantees of minimum number of teams participating, games played,services and facilities provided are only valid if all payments are made on time in accordance with the payment schedule.
To make administration easier we would prefer that you make only one payment per club (if this isn’t possible then only one per team please).
*Should there be an insufficient number of registrations for a Festival or an Age Group Competition to go ahead, and the organisers decide to cancel it, then this deposit will be refunded. In all other circumstances the deposit is non-refundable.
Website Terms and Conditions
Although AcumenEdge Ltd. attempts to provide accurate Content on this Website, it makes no representation, endorsement or warranty that such Content is accurate.
The term “Content” or “Contents” when used in this document applies to information, text, images, graphics, moving images, sounds, photographs, illustrations, software and any other media on the Website.