About International Mini Rugby
Many rugby clubs attend the same competitions each year and play the same teams.
The International Mini Rugby Series allows families to mix their children’s sporting passion with a short family break in some of the UK’s most delightful and picturesque locations.
Whilst the rugby is for children in U7-U12 age groups, the festivals will be enjoyed by the entire family!
The International Mini Rugby Series was the first tour-type competition scheduled in the UK that included U7s.
As well as teams from the UK home nations, teams from France, The Netherlands, Italy, USA, South Africa, New Zealand, Spain and Canada have been invited.
- To challenge young players by playing different rugby teams both from the UK and abroad.
- To challenge mini rugby coaches by introducing their teams to new and different teams.
- To attract and entertain whole families at the festivals.
- To introduce families to new areas and to the sport of mini rugby.
- To encourage more youngsters into playing sport regularly.